Friday, January 06, 2012

Some Time to Think.

We've all been down one of these trails before. Woods zipping by in a flash, sun beaming down through the foliage, and there's nothing around but you, your quad, and your thoughts.


These are the kind of trails that facilitate random thought, focusing on something other than the riding situation. The trail retains the same straightaway for miles, no turns, no jumps, no whoops, no riding skill to concentrate on. What body english should I use here? How far back should I lean on this jump? Nope, my mind starts to wander and I'm sure everyone else's does too. Since I have no helmet walkie-talkies to talk to my riding partners I start thinking about all kinds of non-quad related things. In no particular order this is just an example of things that pop through my head:

  • The next Simpsons episode
  • I can't wait to play video games again
  • Captain Morgan
  • I wonder what that chick at the gas station looks like naked
  • This trail is fast becoming boring. Let's see some action here
And then it all goes away in an instant because I start to not pay attention to my surroundings and the next thing I know I'm almost ass packing the rider in front of me because I didn't hit the brakes in time for the 90 degree turn that came out of nowhere. Oops. Oh well, it's all in the name of fun.

No comments: